We believe that managing your health is an important lifelong effort that sometimes requires help.
Unlike the flu or other medical disorders where a single cause may be identified, mental health disorders are often caused by multiple factors including trauma, biological/genetic factors, learning experiences, lack of healthy coping skills, peer pressure, and continued exposure to high-risk situations. Due to the interaction of all these factors over time and the progressively disabling nature of the symptoms that need to be managed, its important that a proper evaluation is completed before any treatment or intervention decisions are made.
The first step of recovery involves conducting an objective assessment of the scope of the problem so that the appropriate type of support or treatment can be recommended. This is done by screening, assessment and evaluation – a process in which you are interviewed so that all the relevant background information, identifying problems, can be gathered and then an assessment of the impact that the symptoms and behaviors have had on you or your loved ones’ life can be made.
Our professional team conducts a comprehensive diagnostic evaluation to ensure that you or your loved one receive the help is needed at the most appropriate level of care. Your strengths and needs are identified and incorporated into an individualized service plan, and although your length of treatment will be based on your personal recovery journey once you have been linked to your therapist this will be discussed and managed through the treatment planning process.
To simplify the process we offer open access evaluations Monday – Friday at our main campus, as well as on Tuesdays and Thursdays at our Lakeland site . Both locations are easily accessible by private and public transportation. To get the help that you need you simply come to:
- Our Main Campus, in Tampa, Florida – Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 2:00 PM (813) 384-4000
- 4422 East Columbus Drive, Tampa, FL 33605
- Our Clinic in Lakeland, Florida – Tuesday and Thursdays, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. (863) 608-7778.
- 348 W. Highland Drive, Lakeland, FL 33813
- Bring a valid ID and your insurance card.
- If you are uninsured we can assist you in enrollment to an insurance plan if you are eligible
- If you are not eligible for an insurance plan and want to be considered for a Sliding Scale Fee, please bring your last Tax Return, paystubs, and other proof of Household Income.
Once your evaluation is done, an appropriate course of treatment can be recommended and then based on your choice, you can begin engaging in treatment and/or exploration of supportive resources.